Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept the following methods of payment:
2. How long does it take to receive my license key?
Your license key is sent out to you usually the same day we receive confirmation of your payment (using PayPal on the day of your order). If you don't receive your license key within 3 days after placing your order, please contact our license support at: email@example.com to resolve the issue.
3. My hard disk drive supports S.M.A.R.T. Why doesn't Argus Monitor show the S.M.A.R.T. attributes of this drive?
The reason for this problem is most likely that your drive is attached to a RAID controller. Only very few RAID controllers do permit the access to the S.M.A.R.T. attributs of the drives attached to it. More detailed information can be found here.
If you know of any program capable of reading the values of this drive, please contact our technical support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org to help you solving this issue.
4. My PC has a AMD Phenom II X2/X3/X4 processor which has 2 / 3 / 4 / 6 / 8 cores, but Argus Monitor only shows one CPU temperature.
All current AMD processors only feature one digital temperature sensor, despite of having multiple CPU cores. Therefore only one temperature reading is available at any given moment, other programs showing multiple temperature values will only be able to provide 2,4,6,8 times the same value. For matters clarity Argus Monitor provides only graph for the CPU temperature in that case. More detailed information about temperature measurement of AMD processors can be found here.
5. Argus Monitor does not show any temperature readings for my AMD Phenom II X2/X3 processor.
Some board manufacturers provide the user with a BIOS option to enable the hidden/disabled cores of their processors (e.g. ASUS 'Unleashing mode' or Gigabyte 'Hybrid mode ECC'). With these options enabled the so called PCI configuration space is inaccessable, preventing any access to the CPUs temperature sensors.